Cumerford-Clary Funeral Home was originally founded in 1893 by Harry Cumerford and was the first funeral home to open in Peoria. It was originally located at 708 Main Street in Peoria and was the site of the Cumerford and Clark Grocery Store.
More recently, Greg and Margaret Hurd purchased the funeral home in 2007 when it was Cumerford-Endsley-Diggle Funeral Home. The Hurds renamed it Cumerford-Hurd Funeral Home and operated the facility along with their Chillicothe location. In 2018, Greg and Margaret partnered with locally owned and operated, Knapp-Johnson-Harris Funeral Homes, Inc.
Clary Funeral Home was opened in 2006 by Don and Deanna Clary. Over the next 10 years, they grew the business before partnering with Knapp-Johnson-Harris Funeral Home, Inc, in 2016. The funeral home continued to operate at its location at 3004 Lake Street in Peoria.
In August of 2020 Cumerford-Hurd Funeral Home and Clary Funeral Home were merged into one location and began operating at 428 W. McClure Ave., as Cumerford-Clary Funeral Home. This change allowed for the focus of resources to the McClure Avenue facility to better serve the Peoria community.